Proceed step-by-step through the basics of federal gift tax preparation, including calculation of tax due, gift tax splits, and filing procedure and deadlines. Sample completed forms are provided and discussed.
Credits: 1 General, 0 Diversity/Inclusion PR, 0 MH/SA PR, 0 Other PR
Fredrick B. Weber, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
A sample estate tax return will also be presented based on a hypothetical example, including common elements in the estate of a second-to-die spouse.
This presentation also includes:
- a timeline for the estate tax return preparation process;
- a list of information to gather from the client;
- tips on preparing schedules for different types of assets;
- review of valuation issues; and
- a typical computation for the marital deduction.