Good writing does not necessarily equate to good contract drafting; the objectives are different so your strategy should be, too. In this fast-paced two-hour CLE, learn practical contract drafting essentials you will apply throughout your entire practice. From choosing the right format, to drafting payment terms and warranties, to understanding strategies for drafting boilerplate provisions, national speaker Lenné Espenschied shares tips and techniques to help you avoid critical errors, improve the quality of your work and draft with more confidence.
Not included in IICLE® Online All-Access subscription.
Credits: 0 General, 0 Diversity/Inclusion PR, 0 MH/SA PR, 2 Other PR
(2.0 Professional Responsibility credits)
- 3 types of contract formats
- 7 essential parts of a contract
- Red, Yellow and Green: Words to avoid, words to limit, and words to prefer
- 5 things you should know about drafting payment terms
- 5 things you should know about drafting warranties
- How to create specific legal consequences
Lenné Eidson Espenschied, Next Level Contracts, Saint Simons Island, Georgia