IICLE® is following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control regarding in-person events. We are fully committed to taking appropriate precautions to provide a safe and healthy environment for all participants. All protocols remain subject to change and will be in accordance with guidelines set forth by public health authorities at the time of the event and may involve additional considerations, as determined by IICLE®, that may be necessary to ensure the health and safety of our attendees, volunteers, staff, sponsors, and guests.
In accordance with CDC guidelines and state mandates, IICLE® may require proof of vaccination status and/or may require that all event participants wear masks whenever social distancing cannot be maintained, regardless of an individual’s particular vaccination status.
By participating in an IICLE® in-person event, you agree to abide by and engage in certain health-and-safety beneficial conduct while participating in the event. This may include, but is not limited to, wearing a mask indoors when required, engaging in appropriate social distancing, demonstrating proof of vaccination, and not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
IICLE® staff will execute the following best practices to help attendees stay healthy and to help reduce exposure and risk:
- Arrange seating for the event in an appropriately socially distanced manner.
- Work with event facilities to increase cleaning and disinfection in high-volume common areas.
- Monitor recommendations from local and federal public health authorities and may adjust practices and procedures accordingly.
- Encourage participants to adopt best practices that are in their own best interest and in the best interest of all involved in IICLE® in-person events.
All participants in IICLE® in-person events are asked to manage their own preparedness and behavior by engaging in the following best practices:
- If you are feeling ill, please do not attend an in-person event. Contact IICLE at 217-787-2080 and we will be happy to assist you in making alternative arrangements.
- Wear a mask, when requested to do so. It is advisable to wear a mask in group settings whenever appropriate social distancing is not possible.
- While at the event, please wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- When appropriate, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and wash or sanitize your hands after doing so.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then discard the tissue in the garbage.
- Disinfect personal items such as cell phones regularly.
- Consider the adoption of a no-handshake policy.
- Be considerate of fellow participants and exercise good judgment. Maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Be kind to and patient with each other – the pandemic is stressful for all involved. If you are concerned that another participant’s behavior is not respectful of the need to maintain a healthy and safe environment, please notify an IICLE® staff member and we will address the situation appropriately.