Copyright © 2014, IICLE
The use of this site is subject to the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
IICLE.COM Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
Limited permission to view using a browser and to cache granted subject to the Terms and Conditions herein.
All content, images, Web site design elements, text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, other material, the presentation, selection and arrangement thereof, and all software Copyright © 2014.
Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 3161 W. White Oaks Dr. Ste 300, Springfield, Illinois, 62704.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education ("IICLE") is a developer and publisher of online legal materials for attorneys. This agreement addresses the use of distributed material at www.iicle.com or material otherwise made available by IICLE (collectively referred to as "Content"), regardless of the medium.
Responsibilities of Users
- User shall access the IICLE Content responsibly, respecting the rights of IICLE and the needs of other Users.
- If User subscribes to a subscription-based section of this Web site, User will adhere to the IICLE User Agreement. User will be responsible for any usage of his or her account and must maintain the secrecy of his or her password(s).
- User must report any misuse of IICLE Content or violations of these Terms and Conditions to the Executive Director at IICLE.
- User must comply with all reasonable requests and instructions regarding the courses and materials made available by IICLE.
- OWNERSHIP. This site and all Content available via this site are the copyrighted property of IICLE, and/or its various third-party providers and distributors. Third-party providers or distributors may own portions of the material found on this site and such material is the copyrighted work of the respective third-party provider or distributor. None of the Content or data found on this site may be reproduced, republished, distributed, sold, transferred, stored, archived or modified without the express written permission of IICLE and/or its third-party providers or distributors, except as provided in the IICLE User Agreement. In addition, the trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on this site (collectively, the "Trademarks") are registered and/or common law trademarks of IICLE, their affiliates, and various third parties. Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Trademarks without the written permission of IICLE or such other party that may own the Trademarks.
- USE OF SITE. You may only use this site to access the Content or make inquiries to IICLE and not for any other purposes. This site and the Content provided in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without the written permission of IICLE. Archiving, saving, 'embedding' or using analogous technology to capture Content is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized in writing. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the Content contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. Any Content retained by User must include all copyright and trademark notices and other proprietary notices contained in the Content. The use of any Content on any other Web site, in any environment of networked computers or any other medium is strictly prohibited, except as provided in the IICLE User Agreement. You are prohibited from submitting, posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- AUTHORIZED USER, AGE, AND RESPONSIBILITY. You represent that you are an authorized User of IICLE, have rights to access IICLE Content, are of sufficient legal age to use this site and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of this site. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of this site by you and, where applicable, those using your login information.
- TERMINATION. This Agreement may be terminated by User at any time by discontinuing use of the IICLE Web site. This Agreement may be terminated by IICLE (i) automatically upon any violation of this Agreement, with or without prior notice to the User at IICLE's sole discretion; or (ii) at any time, for any reason, or no reason at all, with or without prior notice to the User. Upon any termination by IICLE, User shall discontinue any efforts to access the IICLE Web site.
- EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY. IICLE AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS AND DISTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THIS SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS SITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. IICLE AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS AND DISTRIBUTORS DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OR DATA FOUND ON THIS SITE AND SUCH PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IICLE ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THIS SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, AUDIO OR OTHER MATERIAL FROM THE SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL IICLE OR ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (I) ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR CONTENT FOUND HEREIN, (II) ANY FAILURE OR DELAY OR (III) THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE BY IICLE OR ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OR DISTRIBUTORS, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES TO SUCH PARTIES OR ANY OTHER PARTY.
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES DISCLAIMER
A. OUR WEB SITE. IICLE PRESENTS THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE AS A SERVICE TO OUR USERS. WHILE THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS ABOUT LEGAL ISSUES, IT IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. MOREOVER, DUE TO THE RAPIDLY CHANGING NATURE OF THE LAW AND OUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OUTSIDE SOURCES, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT AT THIS SITE OR AT OTHER SITES TO WHICH WE LINK. OUR PRODUCTS. IICLE PRODUCTS ARE DESIGNED FOR PRACTICING LAWYERS. WHILE IICLE EDITORIAL STAFF EDITS AND CITE-CHECKS BOOKS (BUT NOT MATERIALS USED FOR COURSES OR BLOG ENTRIES), IICLE AND ITS BOARD OF DIRECTORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THOSE PRODUCTS, OR THEIR APPLICABILITY TO A PARTICULAR CLIENT SITUATION. USING THESE PRODUCTS IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE LAWYER'S ORIGINAL LEGAL RESEARCH, ANALYSIS, AND DRAFTING.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You shall defend and indemnify IICLE and any third-party providers and distributors and their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of your use of this site.
- LINKS. This site may contain links to other Web sites that are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not necessarily an endorsement by IICLE or its third-party providers or distributors of the contents of such other Web sites. Neither IICLE nor any third-party provider or distributor shall be responsible for the content of any other Web sites and makes no representation or warranty regarding any other Web sites or the contents or materials on such Web sites. If you decide to access other Web sites or participate in any offers or programs via such Web sites, you do so at your own risk.
- SUBMISSIONS. "Submissions" means all comments, feedback, suggestions, photos, surveys, reports, e-mail, and other information or materials that you submit to IICLE. Submissions will not be confidential and will become the property of IICLE upon submission to IICLE. By providing any such Submissions, you agree to assign to IICLE, at no charge, all worldwide rights, title, and interest in copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the Submissions. You represent and warrant that any Submission you provide to IICLE will be complete and accurate. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the Submissions that you provide, and that you, not IICLE, have full responsibility for the Submissions, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright. IICLE does not prescreen or monitor any Submissions as a matter of policy.
- NOTICES. Except as otherwise provided herein, all notices must be in writing to Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 3161 W. White Oaks Dr. Ste 300, Springfield, IL 62704, Attention: Executive Director.
- RELATIONSHIP. Your use of this site is independent of IICLE and not as an employee, agent, partner, or joint venturer with IICLE for any purpose.
- GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Sangamon County, the State of Illinois, United States of America, in all questions and controversies arising out of your use of this site and this Agreement.
- ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign, convey, subcontract, or delegate your rights, duties, or obligations hereunder.
- MODIFICATION. IICLE may at any time modify these terms and conditions and your continued access of this Web site, its Content or other use of this site will be conditioned upon the terms and conditions in force at the time of your use. It is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions periodically for any changes or modifications, as there will be no individual notices to Users regarding such changes or modifications. Users may check for new versions of these Terms and Conditions by checking www.iicle.com. User's continued use of any service offered by IICLE constitutes an affirmative acknowledgment by User of these Terms and Conditions including any subsequent modifications made to them and User's Agreement to abide and be bound by them.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS. Additional terms and conditions may apply to reservations, purchases of goods and services and other uses of portions of this site, and you agree to abide by such other terms and conditions.
- SEVERABILITY. These terms and conditions shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- HEADINGS. The headings used in these Terms and Conditions are included by convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms and Conditions.
- WAIVER. The failure of IICLE to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. User and IICLE agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to Services provided under this Agreement other than a User's obligation to pay Subscription Fees must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. These terms and conditions, together with those incorporated herein or referred to herein constitute the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the subject matter, and may not be amended or modified except in writing or by making such amendments or modifications available on this site.
What information does IICLE collect? How do we use it?
- ORDERING ONLINE
When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status.
PROMOTIONS, ONLINE SURVEYS & ANNOUNCEMENTS If you decide to participate in an online survey, subscribe to an e-mail list, enter a contest, or use one of our other promotional features, we may ask for your name, address, e-mail address, practice areas, and other pertinent information to administer the contest, tabulate survey results, and subscribe you to lists. When we intend to use your personal information, we tell you in advance.
A visitor to our Web site is not required to reveal any individually identifiable information, such as name, address, or telephone number. However, IICLE's Web servers collect other information-such as information related to the make of a visitor's browser software and the Internet domain name of the location the visitor enters from. Such information helps us diagnose technical problems and manage our site by tracking a visitor's interests. IICLE uses this information only in the aggregate, so that we can better serve you.
COOKIES IICLE may also use "cookies" for navigation of our online store and for customization of information that we may present to you. A "cookie" is a small text file that does not personally identify users, although it does identify a user's computer. "Cookies" do not pose a threat to your computer, and they do not contain viruses. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change this feature in your browser.
How does IICLE protect customer information?
- When you place an order, we use a secure server to protect your sensitive information. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Customer information is used to process and send order(s), bill credit cards, and to contact the customer when necessary. Unique identifiers are collected for use as account numbers in our record system.
- Information supplied via online order forms and registration forms is used only by IICLE.
- IICLE does not sell or rent customer lists. However, IICLE reserves the right to transfer information as part of a corporate reorganization, consolidation, merger, or the sale or transfer of substantially all of its assets.
- IICLE will disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a court order or legal process served on IICLE;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of IICLE or visitors to IICLE;
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties;
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities;
- Comply with other purposes that IICLE believes to serve a legitimate purpose.
If you give IICLE your contact information over this Web site, and you wish to amend that information or have your name removed from IICLE's database, please send e-mail to info@IICLE.com.
By using our Web site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by IICLE.
ALTHOUGH IICLE STRIVES TO PROVIDE A SECURE NETWORK FOR ITS USERS, THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE GUARANTEE OF SECURITY WHEN COMMUNICATING VIA THE INTERNET AND THEREFORE NOT ALL PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION TRANSMITTED THROUGH THE IICLE WEB SITE MAY BE FREE OF UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS. IN THE EVENT OF AN INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, IICLE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) SUFFERED BY A USER IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, EVEN IF IICLE HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IICLE DOES NOT WARRANT, EITHER EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIEDLY, THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY USER SHALL BE FREE FROM INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN THE SECURITY OF THE INFORMATION.
IN TRANSMITTING ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS TO IICLE, THE USER OF THIS WEB SITE IS REQUESTING THAT IICLE SEND INFORMATION TO OR CONTACT THE USER REGARDING OUR PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES. IICLE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ACCOMMODATE REASONABLE REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IN A TIMELY MANNER BUT MAKES NO GUARANTEES FOR THE TIMELINESS OF SUCH RESPONSES. THE USER SHOULD BE AWARE THAT IICLE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELAY, NON-DELIVERY, OR NON-RECEIPT OF ANY INFORMATION EXCHANGED BETWEEN IICLE AND THE USER OR VICE-VERSA DUE TO INTERNET CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS, MAN-MADE OR NATURAL DISASTERS, FORCE MAJEURE, COMPUTER MALFUNCTIONS, OR INCORRECT CONTACT INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO E-MAIL ADDRESSES, MAILING ADDRESSES, TELEPHONE, CELLULAR, PAGER, OR FAX NUMBERS) SUPPLIED BY THE USER.
We understand the need to protect children's privacy online (we define "children" as minors younger than 13). We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children. We do not knowingly allow children to register with us, order our products or services, communicate with us, or use any of our online services. Information that is inadvertently collected from children will be deleted as soon as it is recognized as such.
Other Web Sites
Contacting the Web Sites
IICLE welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send e-mail to info@IICLE.com.